Standing Strong with Houston
A helping hand. A toothbrush. Or a package of underwear. Even the smallest of gestures can help those impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
As a Houston-based company, our hearts go out to the families, friends and neighbors affected by the catastrophic effects of the storm. Join us in supporting relief efforts to help Texas residents who need assistance. Let’s help them feel at home again soon.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross. You can do this multiple times. You can also visit redcross.org or call 1- 800-RED CROSS. The Red Cross depends on financial donations to provide immediate relief.
- Visit a donation page on YouCaring.com created by Houston Texans’ star J.J. Watts to provide direct relief after the catastrophic flooding in Houston. The defensive end has pledged that 100 percent of the donations, now $12 million and counting, will go straight to disaster relief.
- The Texas Diaper Bank has issued an urgent request for donations, stating that diapers are not provided by disaster relief agencies. The diaper bank will be distributing emergency diaper kits to affected families. You can donate money here, or you can send diapers to: The Texas Diaper Bank, 5415 Bandera Road, Suite 504, San Antonio, TX 78238.
- In Austin, make a hurricane evacuee welcome kit, an idea from Austin Mayor Steve Adler. Visit http://www.mayoradler.com/hurricane-harvey-how-you-can-help/ for items needed and drop-off centers.
- To help animals suffering from the disaster, visit the Houston Humane Society, Austin Pets Alive or the Austin Humane Society.
- Go to samaritanspurse.org to make a donation. This organization supports relief efforts in Texas and around the world.
- Visit UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief): You can donate here, and you can go here to find out about how to make relief kits.
- The United Way has also announced a way to text a donation: Text UWFLOOD to 41444 to donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund.
- Donations to support The Salvation Army’s Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be made at helpsalvationarmy.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.