5 Reasons to Buy New
With open concept living areas, flexible rooms and exciting indoor-outdoor entertaining spaces, today’s new homes offer comfort and energy efficiency like never before. Best of all, with all the options available, you can find the one that makes you feel, well, right at home!
Whether you prefer generous home sites with plenty of room to spread out or more intimate, low maintenance surroundings, there is a new home that is right for you. Plus, many new neighborhoods now include desirable resort-style amenities, like pools, parks and state-of-the-art recreation centers, perfect for kids or kids-at-heart.
Here are five top reasons to buy new.
- Choices. Today, buyers can pick among a vast array of sizes, styles and floor plans to get the right new home for their lifestyles. Appealing features like spacious, open concept living areas and extended living spaces are included in most new homes, but not common in older homes.
- Cool Technology. New homes today can include smart appliances, thermostats, security systems, lighting and more that are controlled by a device on or offsite. For tech-savvy (and not so tech-savvy) homeowners, these features can provide convenience and energy savings.
- Energy Savings. With more efficient heating and cooling systems, windows and appliances, new homes are much more energy efficient than homes built in the past. Better insulation technology and improved operating systems mean lower utility bills.
- No Surprises. If a home was built a decade or more ago, items may need to be replaced, such as plumbing, air conditioning systems or even an expensive roof. If not up-to-code, there can be safety issues and expenses can add up quickly.
- Healthier Living. Features such as high-efficiency electronic air filtration systems, central vacuum systems and low fiber flooring help reduce allergens like pet dander and dust. Features like these help contribute to better indoor air quality.
Ready to find a new home with the ideal features for your lifestyle? Our New Home Specialist, Kim Bennett, would be happy to help! Click here to learn more about our Houston communities or click here to learn more about our Austin communities.